Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Great Day

Today was awesome!! It started with the fact that I really didn't sleep well but that was ok I got enough. My husband got home early this morning so we cuddled in bed for an hour before the kids got up. Then we couldn't eat breakfast because we were having our blood drawn for a life insurance policy at 11:00am today. So after we got our daughter on the bus and the animals fed we dropped our son off at my mom's and went for a run to take our minds off our stomachs. We both run better on empty stomachs anyway. So this time I was determined to pace myself better. It was so nice to run with my husband. I was worried that I would run to slow for him or something, but it turned out we kept pace together very well. We talked a little but not too much we were focused on the task at hand. The only hicup was the neighbors dog tried to follow us. He was a cute friendly little guy, but we didn't want him on the road. After stopping for a minute to shoo him back we were off again. We had to shoo him on the way back too. Anyway we made the whole 2 miles without having to stop for any walking and the time was about the same as my last effort. I was just running way too fast the last time and wore myself out quickly. I was glad we made it because my right shin has been giving me issues again and I wasn't sure how it would react to the hard road. It hurt a little but all in all it wasn't bad. When we reached the house I threw my arms up in celebration. I was so happy now I am sure I can go the whole 3.1 miles next time cause I felt so good this time. It was a real energy boost. Thanks to my hubby it was a great time, can't wait till we can steal away again sometime for another run together. It really made me feel closer to him. I know that sounds goofy, but it did. As a bonus the insurance lady took our blood pressure hubby was 112/70 great, but I beat him with 104/70. I love to beat him! Then we celebrated by going out to a local resturant with our son. Then I came home and worked in my flower beds. What a great day!!!! The only downer was I got dog poop on my running shoes, but they cleaned up ok.

No comments: