Thursday, July 15, 2010

3 seconds shy but still feeling really proud

My confession: since last November I have been off again on again with my workouts and probably leaning towards more off than on. I had gained back some weight, not alot but enough to make my pants a little snug. So now I'm totally on again and the scale is quickly diving back down :) Today I almost hit a new goal. The elusive 8 minute mile. I did it in 8minutes 3 seconds, but close enough for me !!!!!! At the half mile mark I was at 4:14 so the last half mile I shaved 25 seconds off my time. More seasoned runners may not be so impressed, but I am on cloud 9! Maybe just maybe I won't look like a total fool at my 5K run in August.

7 comments:

The Wife said...

8 minute mile rocks especially when you haven't been running faithfully! I've been off for a month now. So ready to get back at it. I see my Dec marathon slipping away. So I picked one in January. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. Good luck on your 5K! You'll do awesome!

Jeremy Conner said...

For being mostly off again, than on I think 8 minutes is awesome! Way to go!

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Awesome


Hey did you see this

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/def-leppard-guitarist-weds-at-sunset-1561735.story?GT1=28135

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i think you are awesome and inspiring! i need to jog/run and find myself putting it off. i wish there was a site that we all could post our jog distances and times...reading about other's accomplishments gives me a little push...

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Great job, keep it up!

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

That my dear is awesome

lol accounts said...


You will spend McMann's actions factors, who's going to be your current legal professional fiber, along enquiry as well as examination or something like that a lot more questionable just before letting the actual prosecution accomplish identical.Staying in keeping with a attorney's actual aim, funds, profitable instances getting your law firm money in that you can wait about increasing your current character's residence.This kind of in some way improves your lawyer's proficiency factors as well as increases his / her talents so that you can fight against each other inside process of law much easier. lol 30 level accounts
buy lol 30 lvl accounts