Thursday, January 7, 2010

The First Snow Day of 2010

The first snow day of 2010. I happen to be off work today so bonus for the kids! That means a day full of playing in the snow hot cocoa and helping mom with farm chores. However their idea of helping and mine are a bit different. First thing they did was take off to the woods to climb the snow covered trees.

(Quackers in the snow)
Bonus day for the labradors too. They LOVE the snow. So I let everyone out in the play yard to enjoy the white stuff. Bonus for me I have have to carry less water buckets when they are out there, and since the outside faucet is frozen today that is great news.


Cami wondering why the younger labs are so excited. I guess after ten years of Ohio winters you just don't get excited anymore.


Miles eating ice that I busted out of the water buckets that the kids in turn threw over the fence to the dogs. They love chomping ice even though it probably isn't the best thing for their teeth.


And what does a lonely beagle get on a snow day. He can't go out in the exercise yard cause he can fit through the fence and get loose and then he runs for a good three hours before I can catch him again. So instead he gets a yummy rawhide to chew and he is quite happy.


Kids had a ball doing one of their dad's favorite past times, throwing snow balls at the dogs. Everyone had a good time till the kids got cold and asked to come in. Their clothes are in the dryer and they are in front of the T.V. warming up. I still have a few chores to finish up outside so I'm sure they will come out with me later. Maybe we'll get some more fun pics. For now though have a great snow day.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Just stopping by to say hi and thank you for visiting and following my blog. The Great Pyrenees dogs here love the snow too! The goats and I are much less thrilled about all the snow on the ground right now.