Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What have we gotten ourselves into?

Today was Katie's first gymnastics class. She took gymnastics from age 1 1/2 years to 3 years old, and loved it. We took a break for horse back riding and cheer leading etc. Well now we are back. There is a new group that opened up about 10 minutes closer to us than were she was previously going so we thought we would give it a try. This is just a tumbling class with floor and trampoline work only. I am so glad it is only a 4 week session cause I don't think we'll be going back afterwards. The other place is worth a longer drive. The instructor has a heavy accent which my little girl found hard to understand. He drilled them like they were training for the Olympics which is not what we were looking for. We don't want to compete we just want to flip and have fun. He told the kids no that is wrong and to stop in a rough tone, and there was hardly any good jobs. My girl had fun she said, but was totally exhausted afterwards. It was a great workout for her which pleased me, I would just like to see a more personable coach. I forgot the camera this week so maybe next week I'll get some pics and video.

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Personally I think kids just need to learn how to have fun at things like this. Maybe next week will go better?