Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Babies Are Gone
















So yesterday was the first day of school. It was sheer coas in the morning trying to get back into a routine. I was trying to time getting the kids ready me ready for work and all the chores done. We made it but it was nuts. Today was better I was more organized and could have made the bus if we wanted to but we drove to school anyway. Helped I didn't have to work today. We'll see how tomorrow goes.





I still can't believe I have a third grader when did that happen. She is so big and knows everything. Hasn't needed me to help her get ready for some time now. But the one that got me was my son. He has been babied and protected cause he's my last and I didn't want to let him grow up. I think I underestimate what he's capable of cause I still think of him as the baby.
At meet the teacher night he asked the teacher if he had to do stuff when he came back to school. I could have died the whole room full of parents laughed. I was sure the first day would be a disaster. He woke up ready to go. When we got there he told me he knew where he was going. So I let him lead He went straight to his room, didn't need me at all to show him where to go. He tried to say goodbye at the classroom door, but I said buddy I want to stay. He walked in found his locker on his own, put his stuff away and found and sat down at his desk. he really didn't need me. Boy did that sting!
His day was great or Awesome was the word he used. This morning He woke up asking do I have to go to school today, Awesome. I hope he continues to like it.
His sister said the bus ride home went well. That was another worry. This morning both kids wanted to ride the bus. I took them cause I wanted to. We have the rest of the year to do the bus thing starting tomorrow.
I couldn't believe how much he learned in one day. His printing of his name is much more readable. He is now recognizing letters and sight words. I was shocked at how quickly he was picking them up. Little booger surprised me with how well he's adjusting. Teacher says he's a little chatty, which I don't doubt a bit. My kids are the social directors. So happy with the school year so far hope it continues.

.

No comments: