Saturday, August 8, 2009

Resolution Reached


My running buddy my hubby

Me feeling strong after the race


Remember way back in January when I shared with you all that my New year's resolution was to run a 5K marathon, well today it came true. I ran the Newtown 5K with my husband. Thanks for the support honey. I was very nervous not knowing what to expect, but it turned out to be great. We didn't get to the start line early enough and wound up towards the rear. This held

us up in the beginning. We walked for at least 30 to 40 seconds then it took a little longer to get up to full stride. It was difficult at times to pass people, having to slow our pace till we could get an opening to get around, so I feel our times could have been better. However that said I was happy with the times we ran. We finished in under 30 minutes. I placed 10th in my age division out of 18 and I placed 142 out of 228 women, and I placed 419 over all out of 556 people. I was very pleased for our first run. I am so happy to have reached my goal! I am sure there will be more races in our future, just not sure when. The highlight was after we ran they did the kids fun run. Those kids were so cute and we cheered them on. It was so nice to see folks out cheering on their loved ones during our run. People had signs and everything. There were even people we didn't know telling us how good we were doing and how strong we looked. It was good to hear those words of encouragement. We knew a couple that was running so that was cool., and my husbands co-worker lives on the course so he gave us a wave. it would have been nice to have some family or even our kids there to see us finish, but that just doesn't happen. Oh well, hubby and I had a great time crossing the finish line together. We were quite the team.

No comments: