Sunday, October 18, 2009

Living with a furry devil



It is turning cold around here fast and early this year. Since my poor old cat hates life in general she has stayed in the barn for the past 8 years so no one bothers her. However she just turned 14 a few months ago and she is looking like an older cat now with decreased body mass and all that goes with it. I'm sure she probably has some renal disease, but treatment of this would only piss her off and make us both miserable, and I'm sure she'd give me some wounds in the process. So we have chosen to take a cowards way out and just not know. Anyway I figured the cold temperatures would make it hard for her to stay warm. So I brought her in the house three days ago. She has stopped hissing at me every time I walk into her room which I guess is improvement. However she still has a huge amount of hatred for my kids who luckily are now old enough to know to give her plenty of space. You would think she could be a bit more appreciative. It's going to be a long winter. Doesn't she look happy in the photo?

2 comments:

~ Sara ~ said...

Isn't that always how it goes? You do your best to care for these creatures and you get hissed at, bit, kicked (if cattle are involved), stepped on... And we keep on doing and trying. :)

Emmy said...

Good luck with that! :)