Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No More Doctors Please

Picked my son up from school early today to take him to the doctor. I had taken him to urgent care 2 weeks ago with a nasty ear infection that had him in blood curdling screams. They put him on ear drops and amoxicillian, which gave him diarrhea of course. Today was his recheck to make sure the infection was gone. They could not get me in with his doctor so I took an appointment with one of the other doctors. When I signed him in the medical assistant at the front desk told me they didn't have him scheduled today. I had called the day before to ask if he could get a flu shot at the same time, the girl said yes if we have it in stock still, we are running low. Upon futher investigation the assistant told me she found him scheduled on another day that the doctor was booked and they could reschedule me. I told her that I had taken him out of school and today was my off day. After two trips to the back she finally got another doctor to work me in. The doctor was in the room less than 10 minutes. A quick look in his throat and ears, a palpation of his belly and a listen to his heart and lungs and he was pronounced healthy again. Really was it that hard to fit us in for a quick look? They made it seem like a huge effort. I get so disgusted with our medical system. It makes me want to become the queen of home remidies, just wish there was a way to get antibiotics when you needed them with out all the doctor hassel. Don't get me wrong I'm all for western medicine, but it just seems like so much work to get someone to listen to you. Thanks for letting me rant. By the way he wound up not getting a flu shot since they said we aren't giving them I don't know who told you you could get one here.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Lisa - The same thing happened to me today. Ann had to go into the doctor's office for a follow-up appt. They called and told my husband that it was scheduled for today, but when I got to the Medical Center, there was no record of our appt. They didn't even try to squeeze us in...so frustrating! I thought this was typical Air Force crap; now, maybe I think it is typical doctor office crap! I don't feel so alone in my frustration...thanks!