Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Think I'm Loving This Dog

Yesterday Hubby and I stole off to the 33rd annual Miami Valley Labrador Retriever Club Specialty without kids!!! This show is about an hour from our house, so it's nice and close. A specialty show means that no other dogs but Labradors are allowed to enter. Folks come from all over to attend specialty shows. It's an honor to win over so many other great dogs. This year there were 312 entries. The particular dog in the video is a dog from Florida that we are looking at maybe breeding our Bumpers, and her fine pedigree of Westminster winners, with in the future. He is a bit more moderate than some, but we like him. He is a specialty show winner and won the breed at Westminster in 2008 I believe, following in his fathers foot steps as he won Westminster breed in 2006. This dog also was awarded a judges award of merit the following year at Westminster. He attended Westminster again this year as he was the #4 ranked Labrador in 2009, but he was left out of the winnings this year, such a shame. Anyway hubby and I spent a great deal of time with his awesome breeder. She was super nice and helpful. We are still weighing our options, but I'm thinking I love this dog alot!!!!

2 comments:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

I agree, that dog is pretty!

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

a day with out kids! I would have went anywhere! LOL Cool dog.