Wednesday, December 24, 2008

bambi on ice takes out the trash

There is freezing rain outside, my husband is making his usual 45 minute commute home, but the weather has extended that drive to 3 hours. I am snuggled in my warm house with my two kids, until I get the bright idea of taking out the trash. I step off my concrete front porch on to my concrete patio. My heels immediately go over my head. The two trash bags go in opposite directions. luckily my fall is broken by the middle of my back on the concrete step off our front porch. I hobble back inside broken and in PAIN. After a few minutes of feeling sick to my stomach I get up the courage to take a look. I have a huge red mark on the middle of my back that will surely be a rainbow of blues greens and purples in a few days. I also notice a couple spots of missing skin. I call my husband for some much needed sympathy. He reminds me I am lucky I could have hit my head and possibly died from that. How cheery. Since I couldn't get any sympathy I sucked it up and went back out to pick up my strewn trash and take it to the curb, it was trash night after all. This time I walked very gingerly with my dogs out in their play yard barking at me. I yelled at them to got back in their dog houses all I needed was an ACL tear for Christmas from one of them. Anyway today my back still hurts and I also developed a lovely bruise on my rear, but at least my neck's not broke. It warmed up over night and now it is raining and a soggy mess, that's Ohio weather for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: