Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let's start meeting the family







I thought I would introduce the people and animals in my life to you slowly since it would take you a full day to read about all of them. I thought I would start with the most important thing in my life, my husband of 13 years. I was very young when we got married and many people have asked me if I felt I missed out on things since I was married so young. I say ABSOLUTELY NOT! We dated when I was in high school and he was in college. He took me to both my junior and senior proms. We then attended college together at Eastern Kentucky University. I studied pre vet and he obtained a masters in wildlife biology. After 2 years we found ourselves back in Ohio I switched to a vet tech major and Chris went off to work. He worked for several years at a very small fish hatchery in Xenia, Ohio. He had always wanted to be a state wildlife officer, but after going through the program 2 times and being an alternate he decided the fish business was for him. Then right before the birth of our first child in 2001 He changed jobs to the largest fish hatchery in the mid west, Jone's Fish Hatchery in Newtown, Ohio. He quickly moved up the ladder and has performed almost every job at the hatchery from driving, to treating ponds, to wildlife consulting. He is currently the production manager. He works mainly third shift (but this time of year is on first shift). He is in charge of ordering all the fish in, he deals with some of the biggest growers in the US. He unloads and loads fish for deliveries, he medicates and is in charge of the feeding program. He also helps edit the hatchery's catalog. He works long hours during the busy season six days a week. Then he usually comes home and spends most of his morning on the phone to fish producers then he is off to bed. I don't see a lot of him in the busy season, but come November he has a lot of time off and I see him lots. He does spend most of his vacation in November in the woods, though. He is an avid deer hunter. He has been hunting since he was 16. He is very good and should probably be on one of those T.V. shows. He does everything to the letter. I can't even wear hand cream to bed because he might get the smell on him. Anyway he provides our family with enough meat to last us all year long. We never buy any beef we eat all venison. We love it and it is so healthy. My husband prefers to hunt with his Hoyt compound bow but will use his muzzle loader if the season is right and the freezer isn't full yet. In fact he even named his first dog Hoyt. He also hunts just about everything else too, but not as passionately as the deer. I am proud of him because he is a huge conservationist not just a trophy hunter ( OK he does like to get a big one, who doesn't) but he tries his best to make great shots and tries to take management deer as much as possible. He is truly a very hard worker and provides all that we need. He is teaching our oldest child about hunting and conservation now and will start with our second child soon. He also helps me plan, plant, and maintain our large garden every spring. He helps with the farm chores and the kids homework. I am truly lucky. Enjoy some photos of my wonderful husband. Bet you can't wait to meet the rest of us.

2 comments:

diehardthehunter said...

He sounds like a terrific guy. Love the new site. Keep on entertaining us with your life.

Kathi said...

Who is that handsome guy?

~Kathi