Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Week In Review

Let's start with last Sunday, It was my son's 6th birthday and he had a complete blast. I don't think I had ever seen him so excited before. He couldn't wait till guests arrived. He had a ball opening his presents and loved all his gifts. I think he actually played with every single one of them before the day was over. He wasn't much on the cake, he never really is. For some strange reason he doesn't really like cake. He totally didn't get that from me. Can't believe my baby is six. We put up our Christmas tree after the party which is our tradition to put it up on his birthday. Two days later it fell over dumping sticky tree water all over my floor, and breaking several ornaments.

Now on to Wednesday. I hung out all day with the kids since I had the day off work. I was supposed to be on my way to Louisville to watch Def Leppard play for the last time this year, but sadly they cancelled their tour and left me scrambling to find something for hubby for Christmas, since this was our gift to each other. I was dog sitting for a friend for the holiday so after she dropped off her doggies I loaded up the kids and we met hubby at his office, then headed down to the zoo's festival of Lights display. It was beautiful and we had a great time. However before I left I decided to dye my hair. I picked a dark brown since the light brown I used the last time faded back to blonde. I figured dark brown would fade to a medium brown more like my natural color. I was wrong it came out black and I looked like a vampire.

Thursday was good with a quiet Thanksgiving here at home with hubby and the kids. They redecorated the tree. I think the cold air the night before left me feeling a little under the weather though. The only excitement was my son decided to feed my pregnant dog a little Debbie chocolate brownie. Normally that's not enough chocolate to hurt a dog of her size, but since puppies were involved out came the peroxide. After two doses and no vomit for several hours I figured we were safe and took her to bed with us. At 2am she vomited on my carpet. Then again at six. We got smart and stuck her in the laundry room were she continued to vomit about 5 more times. Fun Fun.

On to Saturday I worked while hubby helped his mom pick up her new treadmill and then took off to the woods to hunt. After work I went to the salon to try to get my hair fixed. It is now dark brown. Much better than black, but still not the color I was looking for, but I'll take it. Came home and fixed dinner for the family and then tucked the kids in bed. I was finishing up the dishes when I heard the dog bark from her crate in the garage. She never barks so hubby when out to feed her and take her out. Too late she had peed and pooped in her crate. So not like her, but since we had been busy she hadn't been out in awhile, so he walked her and I fed her and cleaned up the mess. We left her crated and went back inside. She barked again. Ok something is up so we let her in despite the fact she and pee on her. I realized how gross she was and toweled her off, considered putting her in the tub, but decided tomorrow would be a better bath day. So i stuck her in the laundry room. She started scratching at the door. I let her out and discovered she had peep again. I asked hubby if it was just me or did her belly look lower. He agreed. I decided we must be starting labor. I quickly cleaned out the whelping box that hubby had just picked up today and stuck her in it. She promptly jumped in and vomited up her two cups of food. So back to cleaning up messes. Got everything squared away just as she started pushing. She pushed for a good 45 minutes which was starting to concern me since I don't let them strain for more than two hours and we live an hour away from the closest doggie ER. But then she popped out a cute Black puppy. From then on it was smooth sailing and we finished up around 2 am. This morning it is baths and mopping. Everyone is doing great. We have 2 black boys, 1 black girl, and 2 yellow boys. Happy they came early I was expecting them Tuesday or Wednesday and was dreading having to take her to work with me to watch her. Guess Chocolate and peroxide got them jazzed up and ready to come out. Happy Happy Happy. I'll try my best to get pictures up soon.

No comments: