Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Whining

I haven't been on here again lately, just unable to think of good things to write about I guess. I've been sick for the last 4 weeks with a waxing and waning cough. I feel crumby for a few days then just when I'm about to break down and go to the doctor I start felling a bit better. Right now I'm on one of the crumby days. Actually had to leave an exam room today cause I couldn't stop coughing. How embarrassing. The most god awful yellow goop is coming from my chest and nose. I really am disgusting. And with this I have a birthday party for my son to plan for Sunday. I have so many things I need to get done before the family descends on the homestead that it's not funny. Should probably be working on them now, but instead I'm parked in front of my trusty computer with a bowl of ice cream fighting the urge to crawl into bed for the night.
Also had some big changes at work recently. two years ago one of our three techs left leaving me and the other one working opposing part time shifts. It was perfect. I could be home with the kids some, get my work fix, and I had someone to fall back on when I needed a day off. Well she has now decided to move on too, leaving me the only tech. I have picked up another part day at work to help out with surgeries. I don't mind and am looking forward to the extra money. However I for see house work being more condensed and harder to get done. I also see any free time I had going by the way side. With both kids in school this year I was finally starting to carve out some me time to catch up on all the things I love, like reading etc. I also started a secret little project that now I'm hoping I can still finish. I also had my winter planned with painting renovations and things. Now I'm going to be hard pressed to fit those in. Such a double edged sword. If only we didn't need money to function in this world. I just count my blessing that I still have a job to go to, for business has been slow, and so many people are out of work.
Also recent strained family relations have led us to a very unconventional Thanksgiving celebration. It's going to be weird staying home this year. Maybe we can start some new traditions though that weren't ever possible before. So in a way I'm looking forward to a quiet intimate turkey day with hubby and the kids, even if venison is the star on the menu and not turkey. Bob and Tom, my pet turkeys will be glad to hear that.
I don't think I had a point tonight just rambling and procrastinating on my to do list. Hopefully I'll still be able to carve out time for everything I love. Until next time. Goodnight.

No comments: