Thursday, February 4, 2010

cleansing

Over the years I have drug home just about every critter imaginable, and my wonderful hubby takes it all in stride god love him. However yet another dog show season is drawing near. I am hopeful that this will be our year. I have tried for so long to break into the dog show world, but it's tough out there and I get discouraged easily, but I think this year is going to be different. I'm working really hard with Bumpers and taking her to training class each week. She is not perfect and I am very far from it, but we are making progress and coming along nicely if I do say so myself. She is so pretty I just hope my sad handling skills can do her the justice she deserves in the ring. I am hopeful that this year we can make things happen for us. I am committing to traveling and taking her to as many shows as I can. It's hard cause I always feel guilty leaving Hubby with the chores. So to help myself feel less guilty I am trying to weed out some of the critters I have drug in to make it easier to focus on our main goal of succeeding with a show dog. All the pups are in lovely new homes, and I just placed my two nubian does. I still have a few critters i need to place. I'd like to get down to just the dogs and the rabbits, and our ancient cat of course.It is bitter sweet. I'll miss the critters, but we need to focus and free ourselves up some. I still need to place my nubian buck, my turkeys, and the stray beagle. Hoping we find homes soon, and hoping I don't regret my choices, and hoping I can make Bumpers and my family proud in the show ring.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good luck in your upcoming dog shows! In my younger days I used to show horses and had a lot of fun. There are Boer goat shows but the snobbery by some in that world is just a bit much for me. I can understand how tough it is to let go of our four legged friends. I need to thin our goat herd down some but it is such a tough decision! Looking forward to hearing about the dog shows!