Friday, February 19, 2010

How Much Snow?

Last week we got a storm that set some new snow records for our area. I know could have been worse like out in DC, Boston etc., but bad enough for us. We already had about 3 to 4 inches left on the ground from our last snow storm. This storm dumped about another 8 inches on top. With blowing and drifting spots got ugly. Just how deep was all that snow?



Chest deep for Labradors Opening up the access door to the garage

No dinning on the picnic table tonight


Sorry this is sideways and I can't get it to turn but it's the view out my back door.
There should be three steps here.



Over my boots deep.
When I reached the kennel the snow was so packed I hit my 5 foot 7 inch head on the 6 foot doorway.




Drifts near the rabbit barn were so deeply packed that I could stand on top of them and clean the snow off the top of the 12 foot barn!





1 comment:

Emmy said...

Ugh. And more coming. I'm praying at least the weather's clear for our move next Saturday!