Sunday, June 20, 2010

Turning Water In To Wine?

We have had a terrible pool season thus far. Usually by this time of the year we are swimming away daily, and my hair is already fried by the chlorine. This year road trips and work and ball schedules have led us to getting the pool out later than normal. Then I discovered a small army of carpenter ants had set up house in the rolls of the outside of the pool. They ate 2 small holes in it which the hubby patched. We then started to fill the pool, but discovered a large hole, so we drained the pool and patched it up. Started to fill it again and I thought it was leaking. Hubby thought it was from the recent rains we have had, hence the leaves already in the pool. So we drained and looked for a hole. Could not find a hole so we started to fill again. Same thing. So hubby brought home a dye used to detect leaks in ponds. So we turned the pool pink. Couldn't find a leak, but we had to drain out all that pink water. So today I finished suctioning out the last of the pink water and drying out the pool. I am attempting one more fill. If this doesn't work I am giving up and going terrestrial for the rest of the season. dissolving tablets





I even jumped in to facilitate the mixing of the dye. Hubby was sure I'd come out with pink feet, but I did not.



And the water turned to wine, well not really.





Kind of pretty isn't it.





3 comments:

明文吳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
V.L. Locey said...

It is kind of pretty!

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Hope your pool got fixed this time. =) Loved your wedding photo's thanks for sharing those. =)