Sunday, May 10, 2009

Go Ahead Just strap Me Down

I ran last week one day when I just didn't feel up to it, but I sucked it up and went on. Well it was a horrible run. My times were bad and I felt tired, I pushed through the 4 miles though to get it done. The after my next two work outs my ankle hurt a little but it was really just a twinge and I thought nothing of it. The Friday after standing at the specialty show for 8 hours it hurt worse, but got better with rest, still didn't think much of it. Saturday I again stood at the specialty for 4 hours then went to the grocery and then stood at my son's little league game for about an hour. Later that night my ankle felt strange sore when I flexed it but stiff the rest of the time. Upon closer inspection It was swollen. Oh no I thought what have I done. I knew it was more than just standing too long. I have all the symptoms of tendinitis. I am trying to use ice when I can. Not very good at that I must say. I am using the ibuprofen well. I am also supposed to rest it. Well I wasn't as active as I normally am today, but I was still up and about planting flowers and working on farm projects. I guess I am going to have to be more strict with it, but I am on my feet a lot at work and I have to go back tomorrow, and I have another ballgame after work. My husband is going to have to strap me down I think. Please pray for me that I will find the strength to stay quite. It is really hard for me. It is just not my personality to stay quiet for long.

No comments: