Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Fun 2009

Well we originally had plans to leave the kids with their grandma and get away to mammoth cave this weekend, but that didn't workout and we had to stay home. This is the first weekend my hubby has had off since the end of February. So instead we made plans to spend the weekend doing fun stuff as a family. We both worked on Saturday so on Sunday we had plans to go fishing, go to toys r us, grill out, camp out in the backyard, and have a campfire and smores. Next day we were going to the local parade and off to play tennis and ride bikes. Here are some fishing photos. We always fish at my husbands work, cause the fish bite good and we don't need a fishing license. Here are the kids checking out a tank of tadpoles at the hatchery.
Our son relaxed and fishing


Our daughter pondering the next catch.


It's a big one!



The fish was flipping around I love the look on my daughters face.



The prized cat fish. Dad caught several of this size, and our daughter caught one this size.





I stuck to the smaller sizes,







And so did my son.


We had a great time fishing. Then we headed off to toys r us so my daughter could use some gift cards she had. She got 2 DS games and my son got a Wii game. Then we stopped and got lunch. My son took one look at his fries and vomited all over the truck. He continued to vomit into the next day so we did not get to camp or do any of the fun things we had planned. But all was not lost. We set up the small kiddie tent in my daughters room. We gave her the DVD player and let her sit up very late. I made smores for her in the microwave, and even let her take the glow sticks we had bought for camping in the tent with her. She had a good time., and all in all so did we.




No comments: