Monday, May 25, 2009

A weekend With Patricia McConnell


I have the book the other end of the leash and it is wonderful so I jumped at the chance to check out 3 DVD's from the library of Patricia speaking. Lassie come has some very insightful ways to get your dog to come to you reliably. It would not work in an obedience setting, but for the average pet owner it is wonderful, and much more fun for the dog that an obedience type recall.
The next two sets of DVD's were of conferences she has spoken at. I was disappointed because a few of the DVD's would not work or had scratches that made them skip, But I got the jist of everything. These sets are very long, one and two day conferences, but the info in them is brilliant. I had already heard a lot of the material, but I never tire of hearing about dog behavior, and it was a good review. I also heard some new things and things to ponder and think about. If one can get by the seminar setting it is wonderful, I don't mind it because I go to seminars a lot for my job. I find them fun and interesting. I told you guys I'm not normal. Anyway I highly recommend these DVD's they are extremely insightful.

1 comment:

Oak said...

I'll have to check it out. I've been meaning to get the book, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Do you use her techniques for training your dogs? Do you find they work well?