Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring Garden

The raised beds my husband planted back in early April are doing great. I actually harvested our first batch of spinach from it today. I picked a huge bowl for a spinach radish salad and you could hardly tell I had picked any. We have spinach everywhere. It's great. It tasted amazing too. Unfortunately you can't see the spinach in the photos, it's behind all the broccoli The big bed of broccoli, in my mind that is one veggie you can ever grow enough of.
We all love it,well except for our son, but what else is new.
Big bed of yukon gold potatoes. We grew these last year and they tasted so buttery you almost didn't need any butter on them. We had a couple plants that didn't sprout this year, bummer. But all in all I think we will have a good crop.


No comments: