Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baking in the heat

The Hot Rods are having a bake sale to raise money for their end of season party. It is 90+ degrees outside and I have the oven on. I must be crazy. I have to work tomorrow and I have plans with my husband tomorrow night, and I work again on Saturday, so I have to bake now if it's going to get done. I started at 7AM and I just finished now at 3:30pm, with a few brief breaks of course. I have made cinnamon swirl muffins, cinnamon and sugar monkey bread, and 2 loaves of homemade bread. I am undecided if I am going to make caramel chocolate nachos or not. I'm running out of steam and there are other things I need to get done. Seemed like most people were bringing the old standby of chocolate chip cookies and brownies, which are great don't get me wrong, but I wanted to bring something a little different and a little more creative, to hopefully make some money for the boys to have fun on. So here is a pic of the goods.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

OMG, I want some of that monkey bread! Yummm....