Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Brief But Busy Break

Hi All! Haven't been on here in about a week, things have been soooooo busy. There is always work being done around here. Last week we prepared the rabbits and ducks for the processor. What a job. And then the usual farm chores, ball games etc. We had a great anniversary here at home with a nice home cooked dinner and candy bar and pop snack all while watching our favorite band perform on CMT video awards. Friday after work I took my hubby on a surprise shopping trip to get a new TV for our bedroom, as his father's day present. I must admit I love it too. Sunday we spent at the Zoo with our son as our daughter was off shopping with other family members. After the zoo we went swimming, I was exhausted., but spent the evening packing for our camping trip. Monday Hubby met me at my office after work with the kids. We rode down to Jone's Fish Hatchery and fished and then camped for the night while dad worked. Then in the morning we got up and went to a nearby park and walked and played on the playground. Then it was off to take the kids to the dentist. Not a good visit mind you. Our daughter has great strong teeth, but the enamel didn't form properly on my son's teeth so here we go with round two of cavities. 5 in all, YUCK! Dentist said this is going to be a life long issue for him, but did give us a couple pointers on how to manage it and hopefully reduce the issues somewhat. Now we are home and hubby is off to bed since he's had about 4 hours sleep in the last 2 days I guess I'll let it slide,lol. Anyway I am blogging before I get started on the camping laundry and farm chores and lawn mowing. The work never seems to end around here, and it piles up fast when you stop to play, but it is well worth it. I hope to have a little time to post some of the great photos we took over the weekend soon, But I have ballgames and bake sales to prepare for too this week. Well better get back to work.

2 comments:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I was thinking about you when I watched DL on CMT the other night. Glad you caught it. They were awesome!

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

I didn't just catch it I TiVo'd it so I can watch it over and over!