Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Busy Week

Sorry I have been gone soooo long. MY week has been so crazy and hectic. I don't know what happened to Tuesday I was was busy mending rabbit cages and it took way longer than I expected., and the wire made my hands hurt. Wednesday I worked and was just plain tired when I got home, so I fixed dinner and visited with the kids a bit. I had just put them to bed when the electric went out. It stayed out till Thursday around 11 am. That put a major dent in my day. You see I had signed up to take popcorn to my little girls school for her valentines party the next day, and since I had to work the next day I needed to take it to the school today. So after the electric came back on my first priority was to make popcorn and fill the treat bags with it. I planned on taking it over later in the afternoon and picking her up from school. I then went out to assess the damage from the previous nights wind storm. We lost a couple shingles, it blew over one of my rabbit cages, and left the inside of my shelter logic barn in shambles. So I spent some time cleaning up, but I still have more to do. By the way I forgot to mention that my fridge was not working correctly either. So my husband called to say the repairman would be there between 2 and 5 pm. So there went my plans to pick up my little girl. So I packed up my son and dog and headed to the school with popcorn in tow. I then ran over to the next town to get some cash for the repairman. We still haven't received our new checks in the mail from when I lost my purse. So I got back home and saw my answering machine blinking. It was the school, my daughter had gone down the slide when it was wet and needed a change of pants. So I loaded my son and dog back up and took clothes over to her. I got back home just in time to meet the repairman. I am happy to report that $150 later my fridge works again. By this time it was time to fix dinner do baths feed etc. So I didn't make it to the computer. Friday I worked and just came home and crashed on the couch after dinner after being double booked all afternoon at the office. My hubby brought me home roses and my favorite candy bar. I hadn't had a candy bar since November and it was sooooo good! He practiced his guitar and I fell asleep on the couch while he played. Our valentine's day plans for today had to be cancelled due to sitter issues, so we decided that instead of buying the kids something we would go do something as a family. We headed out to the Newport Aquarium. But first I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. After the Aquarium we stopped at Bob Evans for lunch (I had coupons for the kids to eat free there). Then we went over to pet smart. We got out of buying over priced stuffed animals at the aquarium gift shop by telling the kids they could each pick out a fish to add to our aquarium at home. They were so excited to get their own fish. Our little girl got dalmatian mollies and our son got an algae eater. We also picked up a couple platys since our tank is a little low on fish right now. We came home and chilled out. Soon the kids will be off to bed and we are planning to grill some steak and crab stuffed clams, and we have chocolate and strawberries for dessert. I think it has been a perfect valentine's day. Tomorrow it is back to farm work I have a lot left to clean up outside after the wind storm. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get to the computer more often.

No comments: