Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday

Heart Healthy Pancakes
On weekends I try to give the family a break from cereal for breakfast. This is one of my favorites to make. I use 2 cups of bisquick heartsmart baking mix, 1 and a 1/4 cups of fat free milk and the recipe calls for one egg giving these pancakes only 200 per 3 pancakes. I usually substitute 2 egg whites for the egg bringing the calorie count down to 190. We never eat a whole batch so I go ahead and cook up the extra pancakes and place them in freezer bags for a special quick breakfast for the kids mid week. I just pop them in the microwave for a little bit and they are good to go. I used my special heart pancake mold to make this batch, but normally I just make traditional round pancakes. We top them with a small amount of butter and a light pancake syrup. I love cooking good stuff for my family.

No comments: