Thursday, March 11, 2010

My New Volunteer Job

Today was my first day working as a volunteer class room aid. I volunteered to help out in my brother's class room. He teaches the SBH unit, or severe behavior handicapped unit. The class is full of elementary and middle school boys. I must admit I was a bit nervous going in today. However the kids were good and all went well. I helped them with their state testing questions, and homework. I ate lunch with them and played cards with them during their break time. I took a planning period with my brother to help him with next weeks lessons. I had to read the kids stories and come up with question and answer keys for their quizzes. I had a great day and really enjoyed helping the boys. I still felt a little out of water, just unsure of the limits of my position. I don't want to step out of bounds, but I really got to do a lot and my brother said I may even get to lead some of the actual instruction time. I am very excited to go back in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Glad it went well, good luck next time:)