Sunday, April 5, 2009

April Flowers



My magnolia bush just starting to open up






Well all my spring flowers are in full bloom and beautiful. So it figures that the weather would turn nasty. It usually is cold here around Easter time. The kids usually have to be all bundled up to hunt eggs. This year I'm sure will be no different since we are having some nasty thunderstorms tonight. Then the temperature is supposed to drop and stay relatively cool the rest of the week. I'm hoping they are wrong, but I fear they are not. It will be quite a change from the 70 degree weather we had over the weekend. Anyway I'm sure my poor plants will suffer. So before the frost takes them away I shot some pictures of some of my favorites. I even cut a bouquet of tulips and hyacinths to bring inside. That way I can enjoy their beauty for a little while longer. And let me tell you the hyacinths smell sooooo good.Grape Hyacinth

Purple Hyacinth This beauty is now in my living room and it smells so good.

Purple Tulips, also now in my living room.

One of my Bradford Pear trees.


And last but not least my asparagus plants. This is the first year we have been able to harvest from theses guys they are just starting to come on. I picked a few to add with some I had bought from the store. Couldn't tell a difference, but they all tasted so good.

No comments: