Saturday, April 11, 2009

Becoming Seasoned

Since starting my fitness routines I have become a goal setter. I set even the tiniest of goals then usually tack more on as I go. Anyway a few weeks ago I was reading an article on half marathon training. It had training guides for beginners (those who ran not at all or less than 15 miles per week) And guides for seasoned runners (those who run 15 or more miles per week). I really wanted to be considered a seasoned runner. I was currently running 10 to 12 miles per week. So I set my goal to become seasoned. Last week I fell shy at 14 miles but this week was much better. In five days I ran 17.05 miles . Total I burned 2567 caloires this week (thank god it makes up for that trip to red lobster on thursday). I burned 447.1 carbs. And I did it in a total of 2 hours 37 minutes and 16 seconds. Not bad I say, Not bad. Now I hope to keep it up or maybe even hit the 18 mark, wish me luck cause it was hard some days to get motivated to go that far, but now at the end of the week I feel it was worth it and I feel very proud. Let's Get Seasoned!!

No comments: