Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dog Show Fun

I was told this was the evil eye of a bulldog
I think it's a neat photo
This was my favorite photo of the day
It's a yawning Great Dane
That is one big mouth


dogs wait patiently in their crates


pointer gaiting



Juniors grooming for the big show
(hopefully my girl will be doing that next year)





Boston Terrier




Grooming a Boxer






Smooth coated Chihuahua








Beagle-Where is the bait?








Pug stacked in the ring on a table for judging









Resting after a hard day showing










The rings before the activity begins

How dog you make your 8 year olds day. Take her to a dog show. My little girl is an avid dog lover like her mom. So Saturday morning we loaded into the car bright and early at 5:30AM for a 2 hour drive to a show. We had our dog in a crate in the back seat so my daughter got to sit up front with mom. This is the first time she has ever ridden up front in my car. She was in heaven.

We got to the show and walked around a bit then sat up our chairs ring side. We stood as they played the national anthem. Then we waited for the show to get going. After watching a few classes I could tell she was getting a little bored, so I gave her my digital camera and told her to walk around and take some pictures. It was a small show so I could see her no matter where she was in the arena. She was so polite, she asked people before taking her photos and everyone was very nice to her and let her pet their dogs. She was in heaven. Not all the photos were great, but some where very good, and some were candid and kind of funny. I really enjoyed seeing her work.

Best of all on the ride home we stopped for food at her favorite restaurant and she told me it was the best day ever thanks mom.

1 comment:

Oak said...

Sounds like a perfect day :)