Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Poor Nursing Mamma


When one of my dogs is pregnant or nursing their breasts get quite large. Imagine trying to produce enough food for 6 growing children. Anyway people always get fixated on them and it seems like a comment is always made. It really gets old sometimes. Even at my vets office someone always makes a joke. I guess to me it is just a normal part of having puppies and I don't pay attention to it, but I guess it really stands out to others. Well I love my girls big boobs or not. However I did feel quite sorry for quackers last night. We are weaning the pups and they are down to nursing once daily, and boy do they ever nurse. They attack their poor mom like I haven't fed them all day (they are eating a cup and a half per pup each day of puppy food). So last night when they attacked I just couldn't help myself I had to grab some video. I'm sorry it's a little dark, it was about 10PM when I shot it so lighting was not so good.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Good grief! Makes me glad we usually only have one at a time!