Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 In Review

Wow I can't believe 2009 is coming to a close. It seems like yesterday the year just started. Further more it seems like Y2K was just a short time ago also, but apparently it's been a whole decade.

2009 was a great year for us in most respects. Lots of changes and lots of things conquered. January 2009 started with a dog fight and some amazing shopping and hubby finally hanging my light fixture. Then came puppies. I started running in January and even completed my resolution of running a 5K marathon. I celebrated my one year anniversary of being fit and keeping the weight off. We saw our beloved rock band not once but twice this year. My baby started kindergarten and is now reading. My oldest is doing multpication and passing her state exams with flying colors. We added my daughter's new beagle to the family. We survived not one but two lengthy hospital stays with family members. My aunt came to visit. We had a beautiful new baby goat born on the farm. My son started basketball and baseball and my daughter did cheerleading and gymnastics. Stryker passed all of his breeding clearances. There were big staffing changes at work. We had an awesome holiday celebration with both families. There really is just too many good things to mention. 2009 was very good to us. I hope 2010 will be the same. However we are starting the year off again with an ill dog, that seems to be a trend for us. It has happened the last 3 years. Hopefully this one will turn out ok like last year.
So last year I shared my resolution of my 5K with you all, and I completed it thanks to all of you, since you all knew about it, you would also know if I didn't hold up my end of the bargain. So thanks for the incentive. This year it was tough to came up with a good resolution. I actually made several this year, and some of them are going to be tough for me to carry out so I need you all to push me to make sure I'm getting the job done.
First off is to get back on track with my exercising. I have been off and on lately due to being sick off and on. So I need to get back on it and get committed. I actually started today with a short 1.6 mile run. I felt slow however and fear I'll feel it tomorrow, cause I've been off of it for a couple weeks. I definitely would love to do another race, but not sure my new work schedule will allow it, so we'll just have to see. My races may have to be ran here at home with just me and hubby, but that's ok miles are miles. Secondly I want to spend more time training my dogs. I would love to show my pup this year if I can get her ready and maybe get a CGC title on her and my other male. I would love love love to do some therapy work with Quackers, but time is an issue. I had her certified once, but time didn't allow us to visit much and I let the certificate go. I would love to re certify her and maybe do a reading program with her. These goals with my dogs will be the hardest of all to conquer cause it takes a huge time commitment. I know I need to do it, but its hard to fit it in. So guys help me stay up late, get up early, brave the cold etc. to get these doggies trained up for their prospective jobs. Thirdly I have one other resolution that is a huge secret till it is finished, but it's a good one trust me. I hope I can pull it off. Wish I could tell you all, but I can't let the cat out of the bag just yet. Just wish me luck in getting it completed, cause again it is another huge time commitment.
Happy New Years to all and I can't wait to read about your resolutions.

No comments: