Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday






These are my homemade attempt at the store bought version of Chex mix snack bars. My husband loves those bars , but can be quite expensive. So I bought a box of corn chex and played around. Here's what I came up with:


Melt one bag of mini marshmallows in a little butter over medium heat. After marshmallows are melted add in about 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Sorry the amounts are not exact. I am not one to measure much. I usually just pour things in till it looks good, drives my hubby nuts. Also add in 1/4 th to half a cup of chocolate chips. Stir till everything is melted in. Add a handful of peanuts and chex cereal in until there is a just a coating of the marshmallow mixture covering all the pieces. Not sure how much I put in. You want to be sure each piece is coated, but not to sticky. Then pour into a 9X13 greased cake pan. Add some chocolate chips on top and press them into the top of the mixture. Let it cool. I usually cheat and pop mine in the freezer for a bit to set up. Then slice into bars and enjoy!

No comments: