Monday, December 21, 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

It all started with some minor chores that I wanted to complete before Christmas. Like touching up the paint in the doorways of our house. With dogs and kids the walls take alot of abuse. there were a few paint chips so I decided to touch them up. Then I got to looking around at all the places that I had not painted since we moved in 5 years ago. The flat white paint was scuffed and dirty. Those areas needed attention badly. I had put them off cause I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them. I still wasn't sure but decided I had to choose or risk living in a partially decorated house forever. So I sat down with catalogs and decided to pick something. I bounced all kinds of ideas off of hubby. He was patient and listened to my ramblings. We finally talked it all out and settled on what to do. I spent all last Tuesday afternoon shopping for the paint and other items I needed. Now the real challenge to put it all together by Christmas. why christmas. I don't know. My mom and brother are going to be our only guests and they've seem my house a million times, but I want it to be beautiful and finished for the holidays anyway. So for 4 days straight I spent every hour that I had off from work painting. Staying up late and getting up early to get it all done.
Here is my laundry room before
More before


Here is my laundry room after





I now want to stay in this room all the time. What fun laundry days will be now.




Painted the stairway part way up a chocolate brown to cover up little finger marks. Also touched up the flat white in this area. I would love to paint all the way up but I can't reach it without professional painters.






My daughters new curtains. I still need to sew them I just hung the fabric to get the feel of how it'll look. Also painted all of her walls which I must say were gross., and stenciled the lady bugs on. I hand drew the stencil on transparency paper and cut it out, then painted away.





Here is a lady bug up close. I wanted the imperfect sponged on look.







Next was a grapevine wreath made from grapevines I cut down out of the woods behind my house. I wove them together and tied them up with floral wire. Then I added some fake berries. I still have some things to add to it, but it looks good for now. I need to wait for the snow to melt to collect the rest of the decor.
I have been busy busy busy. Now I still have a little cleaning to finish up, but my house is ready for the holidays, and so am I.









No comments: