Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Embarrassing Moments

The last two days have been rough to say the least. I have had a bad head cold which has left me feeling tired and my ears are so clogged up it sounds like everyone is talking through a tunnel. First off on Monday I was in a room with a client, their dog had a skin infection on its paws. I was going over the treatment plan and asked if the owner had anymore questions. The Mr said I'm just really worried about his paws. I swore he said balls instead. Now we get all sorts of names for body parts you see. I hadn't heard him complain about the skin in that area, but sometimes owners forget to mention things and bring them up at random times. I replied You're worried about his balls. The man went along and said yeah they're so inflamed. The Mrs. spoke up and said no his paws! I realized what I had done and tried to stay calm and finish discussing the situation with the PAWS, though I'm sure my face was a million shades of red.
Last night was hubby's work Christmas party. It was a really great time with amazing food. I didn't want to go cause I felt awful and they all usually get so drunk and stupid I can't stand them. But they weren't too bad last night. However It was insanely hard for this country girl to make conversation with some of these city folk. My belief systems are different and I just don't get their jokes and they don't get mine, sometimes it seems a bit awkward. There were some new staff this year whom I hadn't met yet. Upon walking to our table a quite large lady about ran my hubby over, heaven forbid she had to share the walkway. I made a comment like watch out she'll run you over babe. He politely told me she was the girlfriend of the new driver standing behind us. Oops. Then when we were leaving there were hugs all around to the powers that be for a great year. Somehow I wound up accidentally hitting the general manager in the face with my hand, knocking his glasses almost off his face. I was mortified. Guess there won't be a raise this year cause he'll need the money to buy new glasses. I am truly socially inept and need to stay home on the farm were I belong.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Lisa, you are hysterical! Remind me never to bring a pet to you when he needs to be neutered, LOL!

Just laugh, girl. We are who we are, we're too old to change. And, for goodness sake, you were SICK, so you have an excuse. right?

Feel better soon! And thanks for making me laugh!

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

Yes beware your dog or cat may come home pawless.

Granny Sue said...

You made me laugh out loud with these stories! I think you're very much my kind of people. And I'm pretty sure I'd get your jokes.