Thursday, December 17, 2009

Raincoats

It rained here a few days ago. It was windy so it made the rain kind of sting when it hit. I was dreading walking the girls, but it had to be done. So I suited up then remembered I had bought the dogs a rain coat awhile back to use at dog shows to keep them dry before going in the ring. It somehow always seems to rain at shows when you want the dogs dry and looking their best. Let me state I generally don't like to dress up the dogs unless it serves a functional purpose like dryness or warmth. I dug out the raincoat and decided to give it a try, since I hadn't used it yet. It took both girls a little bit to realize they could go to the bathroom with this thing on, but it really didn't take them as long as I thought. I actually figured I'd have to take it off for them to go, but I did not. Quackers kept shaking like she was wet. Guess she didn't like the feel of it against her skin. I am happy to report both dogs were bone dry except for their feet of course when we came in. Next time I have to dig out the boots, which we also have.

Here is Bumpers all decked out for the foul weather. Complete with reflective stripping that caught the camera's flash.

No comments: