Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our Trip To Urgent Care

This morning as I was watching my son get dressed I noticed his toe looked funny. Upon closer inspection it looks like an ingrown toenail. It is very red and swollen. He objected to my probing to much. The redness extended down the side of the nail and wrapped around the bottom of it. So that much redness scared me, so off to urgent care we went this morning. The doctor was very nice and gave us the choice of foot soaks and antibiotics 4 times a day for 10 days or to numb his foot and cut out 1/3rd of his nail. We opted for the more conservative soaking antibiotic treatment. He said it should resolve in 1 to 2 weeks or else we would need to cut the nail. This is perfect since we have a well child visit next Tuesday anyway, we can recheck it then.
This is my son's right foot nice cute pink piggies.

This is his very infected left big toe. It is so red and swollen.
Cephalexin Supension. Yuck!!



No comments: