Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rollercoaster Weekend

Well my day started off with not really wanting to go to work on Friday. It was a pretty day and I wanted to be outside at home. We were pretty steady at the office two surgeries and a full book of appointments. So for a dose of sunshine I went to the near by park which has a one mile track I ran for 3 miles. I was pumped. I ate my lunch in the car on the drive back (5minute drive), which means I didn't eat much and I ate fast. Not a good combo after running that much. It made my stomach hurt a little. I was in the midst of seeing my last appointment for the day since the doctor was leaving an hour early when my husband called to say my little boy was running a fever and vomiting. He shouldn't have a fever he is on antibiotics. So I finished up my laboratory samples and microscope analysis and medicated my surgical patients and headed to meet my husband at urgent care for the 2nd time this week.

My son was a wet noodle when I got to the urgent care. He is rarely sick and to see him this down and out was scary. They did a strep test which was negative, and pronounced it a virus. Since he couldn't keep anything down they prescribed and anti vomiting agent which worked but knocked him out! He fell asleep on the couch watching T.V. He never falls asleep on the couch. IT was very cute, and my husband and I took turns holding him while he slept. It was kind of nice to cuddle with him. However he woke up at 1:30am and was up till 3:30 am. Not good since I had to work Saturday. Anyway by the time I got home from work he was feeling better but still cranky. So we curled up on the couch and watched Madagascar2 which I bought for him on my way home. Unfortunately he and sissy missed basketball and cheerleading on Saturday.

My sick boy passed out on the couch.


On Sunday he was back to himself. So I spent the morning disinfecting the house then we went outside and planted our raised bed garden. A full bed of spinach and broccoli and another of potatoes. YUM! We had lunch then headed over to the school to play tennis with the kids. We all had a great time even though none of us are very good. Then we went to basketball and cheerleading. Today was the last day. Our son got a medal and our daughter got a certificate. They had a great season. I will miss watching them, but baseball starts soon and our daughter will start tumbling soon too.

My daughter's squad.

My son with his medal.





Now we are home the kids are having dinner and my husband is off to bed. I am blogging and not sure what I'll do next. There is so much that needs done I don't know where to start. Most of it is outside stuff and it is starting to cool down so I probably shouldn't take the kids out. Maybe I'll bake something who knows.

No comments: