Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday

Remember all that stuff I bought at the Amish last week, well here is the fruits of my labor.
This is a loaf of whole wheat bread.
Here is my loaf of white bread.


Here is a loaf of jalapeno cheese bread. I think it looks just like what you get at jungle jim's. I used a rubber loaf pan for this one. It has a lot of give in it so when the bread rose it kind of went out instead of up. I like the look for this type of bread. I guessed has to how much cheese and jalapenos to put in. It could use a little more of both, but it is still very tasty. By the way the jalapenos were from my garden last year.

Here is all three loaves I think they are beautiful. I plan on slicing them and freezing some so we don't have to eat it all at once since it won't stay fresh as long as store bought. Did I mention that bread making has never worked for me. I have tried several times, but some how it never turns out right. I was thrilled to finally find a recipe that works. The original recipe was for white bread, but I just used the same basic recipes and added different flour or cheese, etc. to make the other types of bread. I am so happy it turned out so well.




1 comment: