Sunday, January 4, 2009

12 hours of shop till you drop

My husband and I recieved several gift cards for christmas so we were lucky enough to get a babysitter for the kids so we could shop without distractions. This is where we ended our night at Jungle Jim's a large grocery store with lots of exotic and specialty foods. We bought a ton of spices, cheeses, and seafood. We were a little diappointed in the produce ile things didn't look that good or fresh. But we had a blast picking out foods we can't get anywhere else. We wound up closing the store at 10 o'clock. Then we had an hour drive home and we still had to feed or critters. Luckly the kids were spending the night.
This is where we had dinner. It was delicious. They have a new wood fire grill menu that is to die for. Not that long of a wait either even though there seemed to be alot of people there.


This is kenwood town center we spent over 5 hours in there shopping, with 2 hours of that time just in the women's department of macy's. My poor husband he must have been so bored but he never let on. They have a very nice area for the guys to sit and watch T.V. at each fitting room. I don't know about him but I had a ball. I bought some new clothes from Macy's. The total cost of the clothes was $226 but with all the sales it brought the total to $95 and I had a $25 gift card. How amazing is that! I did try on one shirt I fell in love with but the size was a little big and they didn't have a smaller one, plus it was $150 not on sale. So maybe if I watch it will go on sale sometime and with all the Macv's around I am sure one will have my size. It was still fun trying it on though.






This is us dressed up and ready to shop. We left the house at 11 o'clock and got back at 11 o'clock. I think we certainly made a day of it!




1 comment:

Emmy said...

Oh, I'm so flippin' jealous! I totally heart Jungle Jim's! But it's a little more than an hour's drive and, unfortunately, my hubby's not as much of a foodie as I am. Browsing the ethnic isles, oh, man. Lucky girl!