Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

This was what our road looked like this morning at around 7:30 am. Needless to say the kids were off school. I was lucky it was my off day so I got to stay put, but my poor husband had to trek off to work. Thank god for our old 4 wheel drive pick up. We would be stranded with out it. Of course after freezing myself feeding the animals this morning all I really wanted to do was curl up in the house and stay warm, but the kids were dying to get out in all that snow. I held them off till after lunch time, hoping to wear them out for nap time.



My Little Snow Angels.

We went for a nature hike, but saw nothing but snow. We had a great time. Here we are crossing what is left of the creek.





We walked thru the small woods behind our house via the goat trail to the bean field. It sure is a huge field. I think it looks so beautiful with all the perfect snow. In just a few seconds it will be covered with foot prints from my little ones crashing through all the snow. What a pity I love untouched snow.


Here they go!






I wanted to do some sledding when we got back to the house, we have the perfect hill, but neither one of the kids wanted to. Instead my son thought a frisbee appropriate for this weather.





here my daughter in the background is piling up snow for an igloo and my son is trying to push his dump truck and frisbee through the snow with out much success.







here is another favorite snowy past time, playing in the fallen tree at the edge of the woods. I don't know what the attraction is, but when it snows its were the kids head to play.









Climbing on the wood pile. I thought this was harmless till things went crash. I was left picking up the mess, while their fun continued.








Here is how the fun ended with a cup of hot cocoa.











And a warm bath. A must since we played a little too long and peed our pants. Something we haven't done for 1 1/2 years.
Anyway all in all a great snowy time.











2 comments:

Emmy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Brace yourself, we're getting more tonight!

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Looks like a lot of fun.