Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Really Bad Weekend

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I just haven't had the energy. I had a really bad day last Friday one of those days where you would have been better off staying in bed. It started out with the discovery that my puppy had eaten a leash. I don't mean she chewed it up I mean she ate it. There was nothing left but a small piece and the snap. So I was super worried about an intestinal obstruction. Luckily the leash is bright orange so it was easy to see the little shreds in her stool all weekend. Thank god she chews well I didn't really have the money for a 500 to 1000 surgery, depending on where we had to take her, our vet or the emergency clinic. Now I have stopped seeing orange in the stool and she is still wild and crazy and eating well.

At this point I should have called in to work and climbed back in bed It would have cost me less in the long run. I went off to work had an okay morning there. On my lunch break I went to Walmart to buy a gift for a coworker that was having a baby shower the next day. I got the gift paid for it stuffed the check book in my purse which was in the front part of the cart and headed out to the car. I was running a little late so I threw the gift and 2 bags in my trunk, closed the lid, reached my left hand in one pocket for my keys and my right hand in the other pocket for my cell to call my husband. What's missing here? MY PURSE!!! Anyway I drove back to the office pulled in my parking spot reached over to grab my purse realized it wasn't there, jumped out checked my trunk, still no purse. Then I jumped back into the car started to back out realized my trunk was still open, stopped and closed it, then booked it back to walmart. Now all this time probably equaled 5 minutes or less. So I am thinking my odds are good no one has touched it. WRONG. My purse is in none of the carts I check my trunk again. Then go inside to see if someone turned it in. NOPE! I called my husband back and he started the ball rolling on shutting down all of our accounts credit cards etc. I had to go back to work. After work I went and filed a police report and my husband headed to walmart. They wouldn't let him view the security tapes but said they could see me but didn't see anyone take anything from the cart. Hmm interesting. I guess I am just crazy. They really made me feel stupid. By this point I really don't exist anymore. I misplaced my ss card a few years ago and haven't replaced it and now I have no License. Pretty weird feeling. We finally made it home exhausted but unable to sleep. By the way did I mention my purse contained my pay check, a check from the clothes consignment store, $300 cash, $150 dollars in my christmas gift cards, $150 in my husbands christmas gift cards, and $50 in gift cards to a restaurant, plus the rest of my life! Someone lucked out thanks to my stupidity!

Next day I get up and am off to work again. I somehow loose my cell phone between the house and the office, you've really got to be kidding me. I worked then ran to the dmv to get a new drivers license. Had to dodge a psycotic deer on the highway on the way there. I hope I don't hit it no license. The lady at the dmv says I don't think the forms you brought for identity will work but let me check. My heart is racing dear god what am I going to do. She comes back smiling good news they will work after all. I wait my turn in line get my picture snapped and I'm out of there. Now I am supposed to go to the baby shower. I am really spent now and not really mentally up for it and by the way where is that dang cell phone! So I decide to skip out on the festivities and go home. When I pull in the garage there is my cell on the ground thank god! I went inside and took a nap! My friend understood completely why I didn't make it,she's great! Let's hope this week is a better one. By the way any ideas how I can make it up to my hubby for loosing his christmas?

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like a mess!