Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cold Crisp and Awesome

Cabin Fever finally got the best of me. With our little girl back in school and my hubby off to work, me and my little boy headed out side.
I was on my way out to feed the animals, usually my son stays in and watches cartoons while I feed, but today I bundled him up and took him with me. He helped me feed the dogs, cat , and goats then decided he was bored and took off to play with his toys in the snow. Doesn't he look happy.
After we got the critters cared for we took a short walk in the woods. He found a treasure. It's a sweetgum ball off one of the trees.

The dogs seem to be enjoying the cold out in the exercise yard. I thought the sunrise was really pretty in the background.



Here is a photo from our hike in the woods, this is a creek that runs through the property. I thought it was pretty all snow covered.
After our hike we came in cause I knew he was cold because I was getting cold. Did I mention it was a balmy 9 degrees out. Anyway I asked him if he was cold he said no mom That Was Awesome.! I may freeze him to death but a least he's having a good time.



3 comments:

Emmy said...

Brrr! I'll stay inside wrapped in my Slanket. :)

Kathi said...

Winter walks in the woods are a good time. You are making memories!

Did you do any birdwatching?

~Kathi

Debbie said...

I think kids can stand much more cold than we give them credit for.