Friday, January 30, 2009

Furry Friends Friday with more feathers




I have mentioned my turkeys several times lately. So here they are my babies Bob and Tom. My husband named them after his favorite morning radio talk show. I figured I should let him name them since I bought them on a whim one day while

he was sleeping. I saw an add in the paper and called from the parking lot of the grocery store. The lady said come on out so I did. I had a dog crate in the back of the truck so we loaded them up. I just love them. They are pets only. Other than the cat they are our only critters that don't have a distinct function on the farm. I always thought it would be neat to have a big tom strutting around. However these to don't hardly strut at all, and I can't turn them loose cause I don't think they would come back. They are a little skittish, but you can pet them. I do love to hear them gobble. My husband an expert turkey caller can get them going every time. I love these guys and hope someday to get more with some different coloring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute! I would love to have chickens one day - we don't have the space now though.